in this post, you will know how to fix the Chromecast source not supported error message. follow my step by step guide you will get with 100% working solution. this solution is worked for all the versions of Google Chromecast.
if you have android tv or smart tv you can mirror your android mobile with tv for a better experience of cinema and office work project but you are not able to cast then you have the best option to buy Google Chromecast and you can easily share your mobile screen or pc screen with your current tv without any hindrance.
if you having using google Chromecast device for quite some time start showing source not supported error then this article is worthed for you bookmark it.
streaming devices let you have a stream your favorite tv shows and movies from your mobile to a big television screen.
The different streaming devices are increasing rapidly in use that is available on the web bcoz an easy option to see your mobile to the big cinematic screen.
the updated version of Google Chromecast is available with the greatest feature even you can stream in chrome browser to the tv screen.
in the following, you will learn 5 ways to fix the source not supported Chromecast google Chromecast has stopped working and showing the error source not supported then you can try out this method to fix this error.
Why does Chromecast show Chromecast Source not Supported error message?
this issue is facing tons of people from all over the world after googling new update.
but there is know no reason why google Chromecast device displaying Chromecast source not supported error.
this error is commonly due to an outdated device or mirroring option disabled in Chrome browser and unlikely you see an error such as when the device is itself connected with an internet connection.
Best ways to fix “Chromecast source not supported”
we have listed below some methods to solve this error to fix the Chromecast source not supported.
Method 1 – Chromecast and mirroring devices are joined over the same Wi-Fi.
check if google Chromecast, google chrome browser, and mirroring devices such as PC and Mobile are connected to the same wifi.
you could see the Wi-Fi network name on which google Chromecast connected.
if your Chromecast and mirroring devices connected with a different wifi network then this error occur and try to change the network with the same Wi-Fi.
if you are using mobile data then you will need to ON hotspot and switch both networks with the same Hotspot network. If you are using mobile data on a smartphone and Chromecast is connected with a different wifi connection then this error is seen.
Method 2 – Enable Mirroring Service on the Chrome Browser.
if you are using chrome browser on your computer and find that unable to cast/mirror device the make sure that the mirroring service option is enabled in your chrome browser.
this is the most common and effective way to fix google Chromecast source not supported.
Method 3 – Disable Ad-Blocker and VPN Service.
when any geo-restricted content wants to stream out on streaming devices we will install VPN services.
To solve this problem and disabled this extension follow the step below to resolve Source not supported Chromecast.
- open google chrome browser and click on the three-dot icon right next to the profile icon.
2. from the drop-down menu open more tools and click on the extension option from the given list of more tools menu.
3. now a list of extensions will open and locate ads blocker extension from the extension page and click on the toggle button to disabled the ads blocker. you also have the option to remove or uninstall it from chrome.
4. now the extension is disabled as shown below image. restart the chrome browser and you will stream your device. if you want this extension further you will install it.
Method 4 – Update the Chrome Browser.
if you see this error second probably your google chrome browser and google Chromecast devices are not updated.
sometimes devices do not work with auto-update features then you need to download and install the latest version of google chrome browser and the google Chromecast device will update automatically to the latest version over an internet connection.
if your browser auto-update is disabled and you don’t know the manual check for updating the browser then follow this step shown below to won’t see the Chromecast source not supported error.
- open the chrome browser and click on the three-dot icon right next to the profile option.
- Click on the help option from the list of the drop-down menu and go to the about google chrome option.
- you will redirect to about google chrome page and it will start searching for new updates automatically. where the new update is available for the device it will ask you to update google chrome to the latest version.
- Click on the update button to install the updated version and it will take few seconds to complete the process on the device.
- once the update is complete relaunch the browser to get the new feature and you will start mirroring with Chromecast and error must be gone after this method otherwise last option to solve this error is to follow.
Method 5 – factory Reset the google Chromecast device.
if you tried all the solutions shown before but Chromecast showing the same issue source not supported then this option will back your Chromecast to the factory version will change reset your setting to back as they got.
simply you can reset your Chromecast as follow
- Chromecast must be connected with television.
- Press and hold the reset key for 25 seconds and the blinking light change to white and the television screen will go black
- it will reboot the setting will take a few seconds and begin to set new
Chromecast source not supported FAQs
Why is the Chromecast source not supported?
there are many reasons to get Chromecast shows source not supported error you can read in this post and most common reason is mirroring device and Chromecast not connected with same wifi connection.
How do I fix the Chromecast source not supported?
you can fixed Chromecast source not supported error in many ways but why the error occurs you need to know after that see my tutorial you get the solution and your problem will be solved.
Why can I not cast to my Chromecast?
Chromecast and mirroring devices connected with the same wifi connection otherwise you will face bcoz of another reason just see my guide to solve the problem.
Conclusion for google chromecast source not supported
If you follow my tutorial onward then definitely your issue will be solved. If the article will help you out and solve the source not supported error then share and bookmark for more articles like that.
more post useful link:
- exousia apk
- solex tv
- Grammarly premium account cookiesA
- ahrefs Premium Account Cookiess
- semrush premium account cookies